In the maze of narrow streets in what is considered the heart of Venice, Corte 1321 is only 5 minutes on foot from Rialto Bridge and only 15 minutes from Saint Mark's square.
Discovering the surrounding areas on foot can be very exiting. Campo San Polo which was once a theater for the bull hunt and home to the masked celebrations during carnival, is only a stone's throw from our B&B. A 3 minute walk at best.
Continue on towards Rialto, among all sort of shops evoking the oriental commercial spirit of the city, and then to the very colorful fruit and typical fish market, once called "Erbaria e Pescaria" which together with Beccaria, where meat was sold, conformed the commercial heart of Venice.
The Rialto Bridge, 5 mins from us, allows you to cross to the other side of the Grand Canal. Before going over the bridge, stop and take a peak on your left at the Church of San Giacometto, which according to legend is the oldest in Venice. An inscription on an apse dating from the 12th century invites merchants to be honest and loyal, a testimony to the close link between the church, the commercial endeavors, and the city.
Here are a few places that we recommend:
- www.veneziaunica.it The citypass for Venice. All information you need about Venice.
- www.anticopizzo.com Charming trattoria in the Rialto Fish Market.
- www.caffedeldoge.it Great coffee and snacks
- Alaska Gelateria Calle Larga dei Bari, 1159
- Do you bead? Venetian Dreams: www.venetian-dreams.shoppingdonna.it
- Photography in Venice: www.mildabendoraityte.com
- Shared Water Taxi: www.sharevenice.com
- Venice Airport: www.veniceairport.it
- Venice Museum Pass: www.venice-museum.com
- The Creative Guide to Venice: www.veneziadavivere.com